6/16/2011

Catch up

I find myself with less of a desire to blog lately. And that statement isn't completely accurate unless the word less is equivalent of the word no. However, it does keep me taking and, more importantly, editing pictures. So, once again here is an attempt, regardless of how futile, to blog again.

Charlotte had her birthday in April. One. I can't even think about how fast time is flying by. I am trying to enjoy every day and enjoy the stage where she is right now. Which is easy, since every month she has been my favorite age. I loooooved 12 months, till she was 13 months, and now suddenly 14 months is the best.
We had a great little party on her birthday with the family. And I'll tell you this, I've never let Charlotte have sugar, and even her cake was only sweetened with applesauce and frosted with greek yogurt. She was thrilled with it. However, certain grandparents decided to feed her mass amounts of the other cake, the white flour, sugar laden, one. That night Charlotte didn't sleep. At. All. She was doing back flips on our bed, and bouncing up to the ceiling till 4 am. Probably the longest night we've had since she was a newborn, and I felt completely justified in my no sugar for the baby stance. Aside from being bad for her, this kid is wound tight enough without the addition of sugar! The good thing was that Phil became the sugar nazi from that point on, so I don't usually have to worry about him sneaking her sugary stuff anymore!






No comments:

Post a Comment